Effective treatment for lower face wrinkles/double chin? (Photo)

Hi. I have this double chin when I look down. I'm not sure if it is double chin or some sort of wrinkle with ageing.( I have put on 5kg with last 3 years. I'm 31 years old. ) So I'm wondering what treatment would be the most effective for this area. Would RF lifting do the job ? Or maybe threads ? Thank you very much.

Doctor Answers 4

Double chin and face furrows

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear Ma Ri:  The best treatment(s) for your issue can be determined by a physical exam. If you have submental fat in the preplatysmal fat pad, you can have #Kybella, which will also tighten the skin a little. After seeing your results, you may wish to have #Ultherapy or a radiofrequency treatment such as #Pellevé to further tighten and lift the skin. If you have no submental fat, you can proceed. Directly to one of these tightening and lifting procedures.  All the best,   Dr, Clark

New York Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Effective treatment for lower face wrinkles/double chin?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination, it appears that you may benefit from Kybella injections to help treat excess fat in the submental (below the chin) region.  It is important to identify any neck skin excess to ensure that you are a good candidate.  Hope this helps.

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

Double chin or submental laxity

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This is best evaluated in person. It looks like laxity and this is best treated with RF, the Infini at my office. This can also treat a bit of submental fat at the same time. If the correction is not satisfactory after 3 treatments, PDO threads can be added. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

You might also like...

Effective treatment for lower face wrinkles/double chin?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question and as always, we recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of your options for treatment.  A complete physical exam is needed to determine if we are dealing with fat or laxed skin.  Laxed skin can be treated with radiofrequency (RF) skin tightening.  It also can be treated with the Ulthera ultrasound system.  If fat is the main problem, obviously losing weight will help some and if procedures are needed, one can have CoolSculpting done to that area, one can have ThermiTight which is RF needle therapy which gets inserted into the skin and melts the fat.  Also, liposuction here is an option as well as Kybella – which has an FDA approval for submental fat fullness.  So, please consult someone knowledgeable in all of these and learn what will work best for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.