I have really bad acne old scars on face and it's been long time; is there any good treatment for the scars?

I have really bad acne old scars on face and it's been long time is there any good treatment for the scars

Best Treatments for Acne Scars

There are many good treatments for acne scars such as injections of fillers, Eclipse micropen, PRP, eMatrix, and Fraxel.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic result.  Best, Dr. Green

Yes, there are great treatments!

Acne scarring requires a combination of Fractional laser, microneedling/PRP, bellafill, subcision and Eclipse micropen. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne scars

thanks for your question. Fortunately, in this day and age, we do have a lot of options for acne scars. The caveat to that, though, is that it is difficult to completely eradicate them but they can certainly be improved. So, really, it depends on how bad the scars are before you start. The treatment options are; topical lightening agents if there is hyperpigmentation in the scars, fractional laser resurfacing, radiofrequency fractional resurfacing, microneedling with or without platelet rich plasma (PRP), subcision and injection of fillers. This may sound overwhelming, but often we will use a combination of these things to give nice results. We are seeing particularly nice results with microneedling and PRP.  Hope this helps.

Rick Balharry, MD
Calgary Physician