I'm 34 years old male slim build, for the last year I have been suffering really bad spotty breackouts and don't know what to do

Really need help

Doctor Answers 2

Breakout Control

Without more information, the best thing you could do would be to schedule a consultation with a dermatologist. There, they can discuss your lifestyle changes over the past year that may have resulted in increased breakouts. Additionally, a visual evaluation will help them determine what treatments will best reduce your acne issues.

Fenton Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with acne. Acne treatments are based on the type of acne and skin type you have. Treatments include oral antibiotics, medicated creams and ointments, Accutane, or cosmetic procedures such as peels, laser treatments, or facials. In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical medications to be effective in treating mild to moderate acne. Once acne is under control, some individuals need to be on a maintenance therapy with continued use of topical medications to control acne breakouts. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.