I have a keloid scar. I'm going to get injections for it at the dermatologist. How long will it take to flatten out? (Photo)

I'm going to get injections done on July 27th. How many injections should I get? If it's safe to pierce this area when it finally flattens out?

Plato's Scar Serum for keloids after injection therapy

The first keloid injection will give you a better sense of your response rate. I would also use Melarase PM and Plato's Scar Serum on your scars. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Keloid scar treatment with steroid injection

Thank you for your question and photos.It normally ill start show improvement after few weeks but final results are assessed after 3 months. You might need to wear silicone dressing.