Best method for red acne marks?

I've tried creams, a 20% tca peel, and two IPL treatments for post acne marks. The acne marks are more red than brown. Because of this, The IPL treatments had the best results by far, they had such good results and I believe I would only need a couple more. The problem is I do not want to have permanent facial hair loss with the IPL. What should I do? Would tweezing my facial hair prevent the IPL from triggering the root and effecting it. I really want to get rid of the marks. Thanks.

Melarase creams and PDL/IPL Limelight for acne scars

Red acne scars can benefit from a combination of treatments that we use in our clinic, including IPL Limelight and VBeam pulsed dye laser. Both of these treatments can help reduce the redness associated with the scars. Also, we recommend using Melarase creams to help reduce the pigmentation associated with the scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

The best method to get rid of red acne scars is the V-Beam

V-Beam is the best laser to get rid of red acne scars.  The V-Beam is the gold standard for treating redness in the face.  It will take several treatments scheduled one month apart to get the best results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in lasers and acne scars for the best cosmetic results.

Answer to best method for red acne marks

The good news is that the red marks will fade over time. The other good news is that not all IPLs are created equally so you should have no problem in finding an IPL that does not remove your hair. IPLs that treat hair target the pigment inside the hair (melanin) whereas IPLs for red marks target hemoglobin (red blood cells)
IPL or laser treatments constitute the best option to treat red marks

Mariano Busso, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon