Would CICAPLAST Help with Acne Scarring?

Would CICAPLAST cream be a good topical to assist with deep acne scarring, such as rolling scars?

Acne scarring requires a combination approach for treatment. Fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars. Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone. Lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Sublative or Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. Topical products do not produce optimal outcomes. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist for further assessment. Best, Dr. Emer

Forget The Scar Creams, Gels, & Sheeting: Mature Acne Scars Require Appropriate In-Office Medical Treatments

Photos would have been helpful. But, in general, scar creams, gels, and sheeting are extremely unlikely to be of any real value in treating mature (fully formed) depressed (indented) acne scars.

I would suggest that you save the money and the time and instead check out the archives of RealSelf.com to learn more about tried and true techniques, such as subcision with or without fillers, medical microneedling, and volumization with volumizing fillers (for stretching  the cheeks taut in order to make depressions more superficial and less shadowed like craters on the moon).

As an aside, I have also been disappointed with the results of relatively expensive treatments with fraxels, as well as radiofrequency and ultrasound devices, finding them to often yield variable, subtle, or inconsistent results and essentially to be supported far more by device manufacturer backed marketing hype than hard science.

You would also be well advised to seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in acne scar treatments.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Acne scar

Thanks for the question.
We really need to see photos to  help you.
Cream not likely to be of value for established scars.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon