How to treat my bumpy scars on my jaw and scars on my cheeks? (Photo)

Hello, I have had acne since I was in 10th grade. Now in college it has left some scars on my face ranging from bumpy scars due to when I accidentally scratched a pimple when i was a sophomore. Also scars on my cheeks from cystic acne. I have never really had the chance to visit a dermatologists for my health care insurance does not cover it. I was just wondering how I can treat these scars besides going to the doctor. How much would it cost to visit a dermatologist. Thank you very much!

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Acne scarring can be improved with lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP, skin care/peels. If your acne is active, you may need isotretinoin and may need to hold off on resurfacing those areas until they heal. Please see an expert for consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Treating hypertrophic scars and acne/acne scars

Some that can treat all of these problems is the Infini. It can treat scars and acne. Sometimes for hypertrophic scars, a combination of Kenalog and 5FU helps the improvement. Also, topicals will help control the acne problem such as Retin A and benzoyl peroxide.

Steven F. Weiner, MD