Is there a treatment that can fix my scar for me? (Photo)

It's a burn scar from Oct 2015 and it won't go away. Despite getting treatment from dermatologist, this scar doesn't show improvement! It's on my upper left arm. I just wanted to know if there any procedure I can do to improve this scar?

Doctor Answers 2


Conservative measures for scar treatment include: local steroid injection; aggressive measures include excision and restitching.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Scar on Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Surgical Revision

Lasers can be used but nothing will get rid of this completely.  You may want to try surgical revision.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.