What kind of acne scars do I have and what treatments would be best to improve the scars and pigmentation issues? (Photos)

I have type 4 skin with mix of atrophic, rolling and boxcar scars, also brown age spots. Based on the pictures, what would be the best treatment for me? I'm looking to subcision, TCA cross, lasers, etc. Thanks.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Laser Resurfacing, Infini/Intensif RF, Fillers (Bellafill), Eclipse Micropen/PRP

you really need a combination of fillers, punch excision, TCA cross and lasers. Subcision may help but an in person consultation is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Improving acne scars

Part of your problem is volume loss. I would replace this with Bellafill and at same time fill the scars. Infini in combination is a good choice. TCA cross is for ice pick scars. Subcision is done during Bellafill injections if done properly. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scarring Treatment

HI, we have found success with combining BellaFill Injections along with a dermapen/laser or Vivace procedure for treating acne scars. This is the best combination to fill in and smooth out the scarring. Good luck! 

Acne Scars

A combination of fillers, lasers, TCA and PRP will all help improve these scars.  Treating these types of scars is a complicated process that can be improved through several modalities. Best, Dr. Green 

Acne scars and Discoloration

We start with a good skin care regimen to work in concert with treatments to prepare skin, speed correction and maintain results.  For prevention of further discoloration use spf of 50 containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. For color correction you may consider IPL photofacial. For texture improvement add laser or radiofrequency resurfacing.  There is less downtime with radiofrequency.  Addition of PRP (platelet-rich protein) enhances results and can be applied topically immediately following resurfacing.  Another alternative is Vampire Facelift  which incorporates hyaluronic acid filler and PRP for improvement of texture, shape and color in a single treatment that improves over time.

Leslie Pickens, MD
Alexandria Emergency Medicine Physician