Acne problems. Back, shoulders, chest, buttocks, face. (photo)

I have very hard bumps on my back at the size of skittles, every time I try to pop them nothing comes out but blood and it feels like there nothing in there but hard skin. I've had them for almost 2 years now and don't know how to get rid of them?

A combination of topical medications and an oral antibiotic would be a good place to start

Thanks for your question and photo. It looks like you are dealing with moderate inflammatory and nodulocystic acne. If you have not tried any prescription medications previously, I would recommend starting with an oral antibiotic such as doxycycline or minocycline and combining it with topical antibiotics (clindamycin or erythromycin) and topical retinoids (tretinoin, adapalene, or tazarotene). It will also be helpful to use a body wash containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. A regimen like this will often take 6-12 weeks to work, so do not feel discouraged if you don't see results right away.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon