What are the options for permanently treating adult acne?

i am a 29 year old female and i still get acne on my face, sometimes i get a pimple on my chest, i have tried many treatments but it is not a permanent solution i have visited dermatologist and tried many treatments i think something might be wrong i do not have acne all over my face but i have a pimple or two on my face at any given time

Acne treatment

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is no cure for acne, but there are several different treatment options available. Acne treatments are based on the type of acne and skin type you have. Treatments include oral antibiotics, medicated creams and ointments, Accutane, or cosmetic procedures such as peels, laser treatments, or facials. In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical medications to be effective in treating mild to moderate acne. Once acne is under control,  a maintenance therapy with continued use of topical medications is best to control acne breakouts. However, in adult women with acne, hormones may also be the cause of continuous or frequent breakouts. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.