How to revise this trauma scar? (photos)

hello, i am 27 year old male. i've got this 1.5" scar on my right cheek. my skin tone is brown. it was happened when i was a 5 year old kid. Its a monkey bite. i've bitten by a monkey when i was playing around. so, what would be the best procedure to eliminate or revise the scar. Also, as i am living in the UK would anyone recommend any board certified fully experienced plastic surgeon in UK or any US surgeon visits UK often. Thank you.

How to revise this trauma scar?

A scar like this would typically be allowed to heal for at least 12 months prior to revision. A scar revision would most often be used due to the widened, depressed and discolored nature of the scar. However, given the orientation of the scar a technique such as W plasty would need to be used to irregularize the scar and place portions of the new scar parallel to the natural creases that form in the facial skin. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Dener Facial Plastic Surgeon

Plato's Dark Scar Corrector and Melarase

Our office specializes in scar revision. To begin, we would start application of lightening creams to correct the PIH.  Our initial suggestion to patients includes Melarase PM and Plato's Dark Scar Corrector. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS