Which works better for all the types of indented acne scarring?

Combination of E Matrix and Fractional laser for acne scars

There are great options for acne scars. I would begin with a combination of E Matrix and Fractional laser to help with your scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Acne Scars

Generally a combination of treatments is needed to help acne scars.  I always look to see if volume is needed which can be provide by Voluma, Lyft, or Sculptra.  Then the surface scars need to be treated either with Fraxel or eMatrix Laser.  Scar treatments are generally complex and take multiple treatments to have the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Indented scars... what works?

In my opinion, the type of indented scars needs to be determined. Scars that are from loss of volume will do better with fillers and increased volume from devices such as Infini. Scars that are due to retraction fibers from acne scarring will improve with subcision. Fractional lasers  help to smooth the edges of indented scars.
Most of the time we do a combination of treatments as the indented scars are really from multiple causes . Seek a board certified dermatologist who has experience in treating acne scars. Look to see photos of patients with similar type scarring. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Depend on the cause of indentation....

Some indented scars are due to loss of collagen, others due to puckering, tethering, or anchoring to the underlying muscles (SMAS), and some a combination of the two. 

As a general rule, we treat the CAUSE of indentation. Fillers, fat grafting and fractional devices such as CO2, FRAXEL, and INFINI can help regenerate and replace collagen, whilst surgical procedure such as subcision can help with tethered scars. 

Examination and photos will assist in regards to the best method of scar revision. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist