Hi, This is the first time i got a big pimple and i started pinching it and the pimples spread over just like anything on my left cheek and the result is full of black marks which are just like chicken pox black marks. Could you please look into the below picture once and let me know the solution so that it will a great help for me. Thanks in advance, Sravanthi
How to Remove Black Marks on my Face From Pimples? (photo)
Doctor Answers 11
The PIH will resolve in most cases
hyperpigmentation or PIH as a result of the acne and your pinching or picking at them. You need a
consultation with a board-certified dermatologist to get your acne under control and to determine the
best treatment for the PIH. Over time, the PIH will resolve in most cases. Various bleaching creams,
including hydroquinone and some of the “active” fading cosmeceuticals can also work well here. Light
chemical peels also can improve PIH when needed, so find the right provider and see what will work best
Sunscreen, Hydroquinone, Lytera and chemical peels
1. Sunscreen and sunprotection- this forms the absolute cornerstone of management. You need to be on this for the duration of any treatment .
2. If you can get hold of HQ or bleaching cream (hydroquinone), I would use 5-7 % daily. For at least 8 weeks.
3. If no HQ is available, Lytera is a good agent.
4. Chemical peels such as glycolic acid can help. You will need 4-7 treatments over the next few months.
5. Vitamin A such as tretinoin can help.
The best treatment is a combination of the above.
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic Dermatologist
Dark spots from pimples
You might also like...
Treating Discoloration From Acne
Based on what I see in your pictures, it appears you have mostly discoloration (hyperpigmentation) from the acne lesions. This is very common, especially in darker skin types. In addition to treating the active acne, there are treatments that can help fade the dark spots, specifically topical RetinA (tretinoin) and hydroquinone which can both help to lighten the color. There are also office-based treatments such as Silkpeel Dermalinfusion which can help exfoliate the skin and improve the discoloration. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist to discuss what will work best for your skin.
Pigmented acne scars - sun protection and skin care
In brief, you need to get the acne better controlled, learn about what to do with breakouts in the meanwhile, use sunblock routinely and have the pigmentation treated of it persist even given the passage of time (usually with a "brightening" agent which suppresses melanin production like hydroquinone).
Go see your family doctor and involve a skin doctor if necessary.
Removing Dark Spots from your face
Dark marks from pimples
Melarase for dark acne scars
1) Use sunscreen! The spots will darken with UV radiation so make sure you are wearing at least SPF 30 on the skin daily.
2) Chemical peels can be a good option- usually you need a series of at least 4 for optimal results
3) Bleaching creams (hydroquinone) and retinoid creams can help.
I would advise caution with the last two options because if your skin becomes more irritated (or inflamed) from these treatments you can end up with even more post inflammatory hyperpigmentation! Chemical peels and topical creams sometimes do irritate the skin too much so I recommend that you do a spot test on your jawline or neck prior to treating your face with any topical cream or chemical peel.
Discussing these options with a board certified dermatologist would be the best next step for you.