How to Make Prematurely-aged Skin Young Again?

I am 27 and I have been a sunworshipper since about 15. I am more cautious and safe the past two years, but I see the fine lines. My skin is a bit sallow and my eyes are always tired-looking. I use all the latest face creams and I am faithful to my skin care regimen. I would like to look younger. I have done Microdermabrasion and Glycolic Acid Peel. Any "light" laser treatments I can look into? I don't want to be treated the same as a 40 or 50 something and I am getting married next September.

Prematurely- Aged Skin

At the root of lines and wrinkles is a slowing down in the production of collagen, the main building block of skin—a protein—that makes skin strong and resilient. This can begin as early as in your 20s. Elastin is another protein that gives your skin its elasticity, or ability to stretch and recoil. The age at which this breakdown begins differs for each individual, depending on his or her genes. But know that good genetics can be quickly undone by a number of common lifestyle factors. We advocate daily use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen—particularly after receiving cosmetic wrinkle treatments as the results of these wrinkle treatments won’t last if you continue to get unprotected sun exposure.
The reason: Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays (which can even penetrate through car and office windows) breaks down collagen and elastin in the skin, damaging the DNA of skin cells (the genetic coding that determines how your skin ages). This process triggers premature aging of the skin (e.g. fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, dryness, and loss of elasticity), as well as skin cancer.
While nothing can help completely undo years of sun damage, numerous wrinkle treatments we offer can help reverse the effects, helping to build up collagen and smoothing out skin (and lines and wrinkles) in the process. These include chemical peels, fillers, facials, light therapy, and lasers.

Premature Aging Skin, Dysport, Glycolic Peel, Jessners Peel

I believe you should be having Jessners or Glycolic Peels every 2 months in combination with physician grade products to reduce the pre mature and exhisting wrinkles such as; Glytone or Avene products. As women age we tend to lose facial fat and collagen, which makes our skin begin to crepe and wrinkle, and since you were a sun worshiper I can imagine it contributing to early signs of aging. However, it is good you realized and now take caution when in the sun. I would recommend Dysport. It is like Botox but tends to have a softer effect with relaxing the muscles on my younger patients. It is great for premature crows feet, forehead lines, and glabella ( number 11's) lines.

Good Luck!

Sofia Rubbani, MD, FACS, ASLMS

Sofia Rubbani, MD
Tucson Ophthalmologist