Are there any procedures to get rid of a transverse nasal crease? How much would it cost me?

I recently noticed a line on my nose and it's slightly getting more noticeable. I asked my doctor and she said it was a Transverse Nasal Crease caused by the constant rubbing of the nose due to allergies. How can I find a plastic surgeon that would help me with this if there are any procedures that can help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 4

Are there any procedures to get rid of a transverse nasal crease? How much would it cost me?

Hi, that crease is caused by contraction of a nasal muscle called the "procerus".  Botox, Xeomin or Dysport can be injected to weaken the muscle and soften the wrinkle.  The cost is typically around $300.  Hope this helps.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Transverse Nasal Crease

Sometimes this is improve with botox / dysport alone and sometimes fillers are needed. I suggest posting photos and/or getting a formal consultation to see what can be done in your individual situation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Transverse nasal crease

First, try to limit how often you are touching the skin there.  The more you touch, the darker it gets.  Second, always wear sunscreen.  In terms of fading the line in general, one may try chemical peels in the office or lower strength peel pads at home (i.e. glycolic acid or salicylic acid) to start and a bleaching cream and/or retinoid cream to apply at home every night.  The specifics of the plan will depend on your skin type and the look of your particular line.  Be well. 

Estee Williams, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Eliminating a Transverse Nasal Crease

A transverse nasal crease is caused, then  by the procerus muscle, not necessarily allergies, though they may cause more muscle function. If the crease is present only when the muscle is active, then Botox alone will solve the problem. If, however, the crease is present even when the muscle is relaxed, then you will also need a filler to elevate the crease.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.