I am a 16 year old boy who is 5 foot 10 inches tall and weight 235 pounds. I want to lose a lot of weight. Any suggestions?

I want to lose some weight. I want to do a 10 day only vegetable juice diet but I heard that it is very dangerous for my age because I am still growing. Please help. And I do have some muscle on me from lifting weights and doing pull-ups.

16 years old and wants to lose weight

Congratulations on your plan to lose weight and be healthier.   My suggestion is to see a nutritionist.  They are very skilled at helping determine the best dietary strategy.  They will probably recommend that you create a food diary for a couple of weeks to evaluate your diet.  Would avoid the 10 day juice diet - you need a long term dietary adjustment and not a short term fix.  Most physicians recommend higher protein and lower carbohydrate diets for weight loss.   Additionally, the weight training exercises are great and will facilitate the process.  The weight loss journey can be difficult, but keep up the good work.  

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss

Thank you for your question. My recommendation for you would be to follow a strict diet that is high in protein and is low in/void of carbs and sugars. This includes ALL sugars: soft drinks, candy, pastries, fruit juices, etc. Combining this diet with exercise a few times a week can help you achieve your weight loss goal.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL