Peel for Acne Red Mark/bruise? (photo)

I have a red mark after a singular cystic like acne pimple. Im not sure if its a bruise or if its an acne mark. never had one before as i usually dont have skin problems. I usually get a light glycolic peel done just for maintenance, Im wondering if a peel will help or hurt this

Doctor Answers 2

Acne scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi!  The picture is blurry, but from what I can see, it seems like there are light and red dis colorations.  Discoloration tends to resolve with time.  Perhaps you should go see a dermatologist for appropriate treatments as the spot seems large.  In the meanwhile, make sure you wear sunscreens.

Pleasanton Dermatologic Surgeon


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good morning. The photo you submitted is very blurry and this makes it difficult to evaluate. I am concerned about the ring of hypo-pigmentation around it! Was it treated with a cortisone shot or any harsh topical agents? I suggest a visit to a Dermatologist.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.