I have deep pores and acne in my face for 6 years. What's the best treatment?

TCA CROSS for acne scars, then Erbium followed by Picosure.

A photo will help. Deep pores are best treated with -

1. TCA CROSS

2. Punch excision. 

Scar treatments should be directed according to the scar type. 

See video reference for more information. 

Kind regards
Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Deep Pores May Respond To TCA CROSS, Botox, & Medical Microneedling

A photo would have been helpful. However, in general, it is best to seek consultation with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist in order to first get your acne under strict control. An experienced  dermatologist will be able to tailor an at-home and in-office regimen for you to achieve this. There is no sense embarking upon other aesthetic treatments until one can be assured that new breakouts won't ruin the benefits of these treatments.

Once your acne is under control, there are several options for treating deep and dilated pores. The TCA CROSS Technique, using high strength TCA, a relatively simple and inexpensive approach, can be especially helpful for shrinking dilated pores in much the same fashion that it has been found helpful for treating acne ice pick (pit) scars.

Literal microdroplets of Botox placed in a grid pattern through the region of the dilated pores may also be helpful in this regard, and especially when combined with the above may permit better healing of the treated sites. 

Finally, fractional microneedle resurfacing (aka medical microneedling), another simple and relatively inexpensive procedure, likewise has been shown to be useful for treating enlarged pores.  

I would suggest being leery of other "bells and whistles" relatively more expensive approaches, including fraxels and other energy-based devices, as the results with these have been distinctly underwhelming in my experience and seem to be far more supported by device manufacturer backed marketing hype than by hard science.

Best of luck to you

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Deep Pores and Acne

A ombination of Retinols or Retin-A, antibiotics, lasers, mircroneedling with PRP, lasers such as eMatrix can all help.  Please consult an expert and feel free to post with a photo.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne and deep pores

Without a picture this is difficult. In general, topicals such as Retin or Retinol are needed. Chemical peels and lasers might be helpful too. Please see an expert in the field to access your skin.

Steven F. Weiner, MD