Worsening acne with age.

I am 32 years old and experiencing worsening acne as I get older. I am getting cystic acne lately and its very painful. My skin is combination and I want to get in to see a Dermotologist but they cant get me in til june! Is there anything you recommend until then? I currently wash my face at night with Cerave SA wash and lotion and in the morning i rinse and used Aveeno CC daily tinted moisturiser.

Doctor Answers 1

Acne problems not responding

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would try another Dermatologist first. It sounds like more OTC medications won't help but make sure you are on benzyl peroxide and a glycolic wash. Also, other physicians can take care of acne. I see many acne patients that are responding to traditional therapy. I use chemcial peels, lasers, and even Botox for acne. I wouldn't wait 6-7 months to see a doctor. See link.

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.