Seeking advice for how to proceed with acne scar treatment? (Photos)

I'm frustrated & am seeking help finding a dr w/ a lot of acne scar experience who utilizes multiple tools. I've consulted w/ 4 derms, each w/ contradictory advice. I've attempted to choose drs who claim a lot of experience on their sites, but in the end I feel they're trying to sell me on the devices they happen to have, even if they're not the most appropriate. I had 2 DOT treatments, but I want to find someone who will work w/ me to actually get somewhere. My scars have really inhibited me.

Multiple treatment methods for best acne scar results.

I agree with the Specialist comments, you will need multiple methods, rather than a specific device for scars. Some of your scars are very easy to treat, like the one on our chin. Simple dermal fillers can instantly improve depressed scars. You also may require subcision, microneedling (like Dr Weiner, I prefer INFINI RF) combined with PRP, and also TCA CROSS for deeper scars. Video shows more. I suggest seeing a Board Certified Plastics or Dermatologist trained in all aspects of acne scar reduction. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser Therapy

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your skin. Living with acne scarring is not something you have to put up with thanks to the advancement of aesthetic lasers that are equipped to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars!

I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

I suggest a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. You will need a combination approach with lasers, TCA cross, peels/skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Moderate acne scarring treatment

I believe the best device for acne scarring is the Infini. I would treat 3-4 times. Deeper scars might need Bellafill. Additional measure such as PRP, subcision, TCA cross might be of benefit as well. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne scars

Dear Byellow

No need to be blue. There is help for you..(sorry)

Seriously, there is much that can be done to help you. While many of your scars are deep, what I would call small box scars, there is healthy skin around them which makes them amenable to excision.

So many of these are best treated with excision. It leaves a fine scar which is easily covered with makeup. The main thing is that they will no longer cast a shadow. Do as many excisions as possible first.

There is NO role for any lasers or peels in your situation. NO benefit would be expected.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Best Treatment

It would be best to evaluate your scars during a consultation. It appears that it will take a combination of therapy to treatments to correct these scars such as Sculptra, Bellafill and Restylane.  I would definitely also consider eMatrix laser and it will take several treatments to see improvement.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Frustrated with acne scars after multiple treatments

I totally know where you're coming from. There are a lot of different devices that people are touting as the all amazing treatment for acne scarring. The problem is that you can't just treat acne with just one procedure or one modality or one laser. Acne is a complicated process that affects all the laser skin from the superficial epidermis down to your muscles and it can even go further depending on how the  infection progresses. You are totally right about using multiple different treatments to get the right results. We do have a 5 to 7 step process to treat acne scars but nothings perfect. I would look at before and after's and really find out about the process that they're using to treat your acne scars. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon