What is the best treatment option for my raised acne scars? Are they easy to treat? (photos)

I still get active acne here and there but the scars never go away they are always there. I've tried microdermabrasion and peels but no luck

Acne Scar treatments in Los Angeles

Melapads daily; followed by our Hidef Acne Scar Protocol which includes Yag laser, skin tightening, sublative RF, fractional lasers, subcision, and fillers. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Treatment of elevated firm acne scars

Thank you for your question.  Given the number of scars present, ablative laser skin resurfacing may be your best option.  Before treating your entire face, I would recommend undergoing treatment of a small area to determine the response.  I would make sure you're seen by a surgeon who is highly experienced in the treatment of scars such as this.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. Best, Dr. Emer

Papular Scars May Be Treated By Light Electrodessication & Intralesional Corticosteroids

The kind of scars, known as papular scars (i.e. elevated bumpy scars) has only relatively recently, in the January, 2015 issue of  Journal of Clinical & Aesthetic Dermatology, been officially included in the classification of acne scars.  Papular scars are typically 3 to 4mm skin-colored or whitish cobblestone-like papules as seem to be the case in the photos provided.
While eradicating these scars entirely is not possible, they can be improved by a combination of some simple techniques. My favorite is to flatten them by both the use of simple electrodessication accompanied by the use of intralesional triamcinolone (an anti-inflammatory often used to treat active acne papules and cysts) to help keep the spots flat.
Once flattened, if deemed necessary or desirable, microneedling may be used to achieve further blending of superficial tone and texture irregularities.
Neither microdermabrasion nor superficial chemical peels would be expected to have any significant effect. The results of both are simply too superficial to reach the level within the skin from which these types of scars take origin.
It is important that you seek consultation and treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician. Best of luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD