Dermaroller effects on acne scars stopped working.

For my acne scars I tried fraxel and co2 in the past and got no improvement. i then used dermaroller at home. In the first couple of months I saw improvement . However, the improvement stopped. As i continued rolling i saw no more effect. Then I tried subsicion, PRP and dermapen. No improvement with those either. i would like to know if my collagen got destroyed by dermaroller. I was recommended Infini but since other similiar treatmenS were not effective, i'm skeptical about paying for it.

Acne scars - dermaroller

There are different types of acne scars,which are all treated differently. In short, acne scars should be treated by a Physician who is very experienced in treating acne scars. The CO2 laser is very effective for SHALLOW scars. The Fraxel Erbium is far less effective and Dermabasion can be very effective. Dermarollers have been used, often by Physicians and non-Physicians who are less experienced in treating acne scars or for the treatment of patients who do not want a more invasive treatment.For deeper rolling scars, subcision is effective to release tethers, but the skin must then be supported by a filler or fat. PRP has been used more recently with the CO2 laser, but the results are marginally better, if at all,  than laser alone. PRP has also been used with Restylane injections and although there is little downside other than cost, any advantage over Restylane alone is questionable.In short, acne scars should be treated by a Physician who is VERY experienced in the treatment of acne scars. 

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care based on your type of scarring and skin type. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Treat acne scar types with targeted treatments

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery. The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.This video show only ONE way to treat scars, finding the correct method for your scar type is the way to go.  All the best, Dr Davin Lim Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ematrix RF and dermaroller

Dermaroller treatments are great. I would combine them with retinoid topicals such as RR Retinoid Repair and then use Ematrix RF once monthly. Best,Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS