Best treatment for my skin?

Only 22 years old and already starting to see frown wrinkles, plus really large pores and acne scars. What procedure would help?

Doctor Answers 4

Skin Care to Prevent Scars and Wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend a formal consultation with a board certified dermatologist who can help you with a formal protocol with Retinols and other treatments such as Clear & Brilliant and chemical peels for your skin.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

congrats for taking care of your skin.   I encourage you to schedule a skin care consultation with your local dermatologist.  A long term relationship with your skin doctor will help you look skintastic now and for years to come.  Stay #skintastic 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Improving early aging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First is to get on a good skin care regime that includes Retin A or a Retinol and a good growth factor cream such as Lifeline. Daily sunscreen is also a good rec. Chemical peels and facials will help. Starting preventative Botox for early wrinkles and fillers for volume loss should maintain youthfulness. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Acne Scar Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your skin. Living with acne scarring is not something you have to put up with thanks to the advancement of aesthetic lasers that are equipped to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars!

I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 170 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.