Acne Scars. (photos)

What would be the best treatment ? I have hormonal, cystic acne that's left some scars on my cheeks from me popping them. The texture is very rough and I'm looking to smooth it out as my scars aren't that deep

Close examination with palpation (touch) needed for further assessment of acne scars.

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, PRP and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim.

Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Best Treatment for Acne scars NYC

A combination approach is best to treat these scars with PRP and microneedling, Fraxel or EMarix laser for the texture and produce new collagen. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in treating acne scars. Best, Dr. Green

The Best Treatment = A Combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers for acne scars

A combination approach is needed. Lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers in a series of treatments will give you great results. I recommend a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist for acne scarring treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Improving acne scars

This can be improved with the Infini. A series of 3 treatments are usually needed. Adding PRP, subcision, maybe Bellafill will improve the results. See links.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

​Scars on cheeks that are not that deep but have a rough texture. I

Scars on cheeks that are not that deep but have a rough texture. I think out of all acne scars these types of scars are perhaps the most difficult because they're not overly deep scars that you can treat that would show a significant difference. Some of your scars are probably related to some loss of tissue in the Deep tissues and they're wide areas. You need to treat the deeper layers and you might need some volumizing. I would suggest doing a 5-7 step process or someone that can do multiple treatments in one treatment to treat all the layers of acne scars. You'll need some volumizing to help raise the deeper tissues and lasering to flatten out areas that are higher to create an even level throughout

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon