Acne scars should I do micropen prp infini or fraxel? (photos)

Had done fraxel and ematrix before in Manhattan. Not too much help. This time I need something more fit for my skin. I am dertimined to go for a long process

Acne scars should I do micropen prp infini or fraxel

Thank you for your pictures. I would first have the deeper acne scars excised and then have a series of micro needling treatments. The fraxel is also a great treatment but micro needling is less downtime and the result are very impressive. It is a very frustrating process but after each treatment you will see some improvement. The collogen will build and remodel and smoother skin will be the result. I wish you luck in finding a good Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.   

Treating Acne Scars

Hi and thank you for posting your question here! Both Fraxel (which is a type of Fractional CO2 laser among many other more or less similar CO2 lasers) and Micropen (which again is just one of many microneedling devices available) with or without PRP are effective treatments for the acne scar, and the choice of one versus the other depends on many factors including individual patient's characteristics and skin conditions, skin type, the acceptable down-time, and the budget. In reality one treatment may work better for one patient and another one might better serve the next patient. That being said, in general Fractional CO2 lasers such as Fraxel are stronger treatments, and patients are more likely to see results from one session of CO2 laser compared with one session of microneedling with PRP, but usually the cost and downtime is also a bit higher with the CO2 laser. For both treatments if you want to see great results, a number of sessions is recommended (usually fewer with Fractional CO2 laser). Additionally, please note that taking a holistic approach is usually the best bet to achieve great results, and while you can expect to see good improvements in your scars with either of these treatments, based on your picture you may also need some filler injections, to fill the deeper and depressed/pitted acne scars. I hope it helps and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician

Acne scarring

On the first visit I would perform needle subcision first followed immediately by radiofrequency/microneedling combo device (Intensif, Infini, etc) on one side, and Fraxel on the other side. In 3 weeks you would return for a follow up and we can assess the response then. I believe there is some hyperpigmentation in the photos (Fraxel could help with that.)  I would then perform the second treatment based on the response from the first. We expect a 50% improvement approx after 5-6 sessions.  

Estee Williams, MD

Cheek acne scarring fix

I like the Infini for this. A series of 3 will improve this. Other treatments that can be added are subcision, PRP, Dermapen. You will have improvements but resolution of your scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Microneedling, PRP, Fillers, Ematrix, and Fraxel

I often combine all of these treatments and tailor make a protocol based on your skin type and the nature of your scars.  I would recommend a formal evaluation with a scar specialist.  eMatrix would be better than Fraxel for your skin type and it should take several sessions to improve.  Best, Dr. Green

Getting the right combination for acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

A combination approach is needed. Lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers in a series of treatments will give you better results. I recommend a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist for acne scarring treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer