What treatment would be most benefical for my acne/scarring? (Photo)

Will the acne scars come back after a while prior to the treatment? Is the treatment guaranteed to remove all of my acne scars or make them little to moderate rather than severe? How much would the treatment cost? How long is the downtime prior to the treatment? I don't pick at them and I've tried everything from home remedies to pills, creams, and chemical peels. I am a teenager. I am also a VERY clean hygenic person and I also eat well, take vitamins and take good care of my skin!!

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

This type of scarring requires a series of treatments including Bellafill injections, subcision, lasers. See an expert for consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne and Hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on your photos, it seems you still have some active acne, which requires treatment.  Once the acne is under better control, I would recommend starting with prescription strength lightening agent and chemical peels.  I often use a low level laser such as Clear and Brilliant as well. The price of these treatments can vary widely.  Please see a board-certified dermatologist who is is comfortable treating darker skin types.Good Luck!

Sejal Shah, MD

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne

This is common with darker skin types. This should be treated by a physician. It needs a hydroquinone and possible chemical peels. I don't think there is much actual scarring. Retin A is probably needed as well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne and Scars

You need to consult a board certified dermatologist to help you cure your acne.  Afterwards you can concentrate on the scars and marks with chemical peels and bleaching creams.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring--Bellafill/subscisson/microneedling/lasers

In your case, the acne scarring has produced more of a darker spotting. I would suggest a laser for this type of pigmentation problem. Please consult with an expert cosmetic surgeon in acne scars. Best regards, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician