What would you recommend as an effective skin brightener.

I am a woman of colour and I find that we need potent creams to really get the desired result. Something that can also work to rid my face of acne marks as well. Thanks

I would definitely reccomend the Obagi system. It will help your skin lighten, tighten and brighten. You need to use daily and results should be expected in 6 to 8 weeks. It is a process but anything stronger wiuld irritate your skin and could possibly make it darker. Please DO NOT do any lasers or Fraxel treatments. Skin of color is very delicate and this could really make it worse. Good Luck!

Skin Brightener

Without a photo I am not sure if you speaking about hyperpigmentation or just overall skin brightening.  I highly recommend topical Vitamin C serum as a potent antioxidant along with hydroquinones and bleaching creams and chemical peels.  Best, Dr. Green

Skin creams

I would recommend the Obagi Nuderm Line for your skin. Start by using the kit every 3 days, then after 2 weeks use every 2 days and then after a month use it daily. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician