Should I go to doctor? (Photo)

The acnes has already gone and only very few left but the scars and redness and when I look into the mirror the scars don't appear but when I check under the sun it's a lot!! Now I don't know what to do with that. Only on the both cheeks and some on the temples. Thank you. I will be waiting for the answer

Severe Acne / Acne Scars

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Based on the appearance of your acne scars, I would recommend a treatment called microneedling and / or microneedling with radiofrequency. We have had success in our practice using microneedling for active acne and for acne scars. This is a procedure uses a pen equipped with 12 tiny needles to repeatedly puncture the skin to promote collagen production. Usually, we would recommend at least 3 treatments 6 weeks apart to see improvement. Afterwards, microneedling may be used as a maintenance every 3 months. In order to address the redness you are noticing, We would also recommend a series of photo facials with a laser such as BBL. I would advise you to consult with a board certified physician who performs these treatments.

Red and Depressed scars from Acne in an Asian Patient.

Depending on how bad acne scars are, we may suggest are most aggressive treatment which is the acne scar vitalizer treatment. This treatment is based on a 5-7 step process that treat your acne scars from multiple levels and layers. This procedure was developed over 15 years of clinical experience. Your acne scars are red and there are some that are depressed. The red scars can get better with time. Some times lasering will help these including the v beam and intense pulse light. Your depressed scars will need more aggressive treatments like the Acne Scar Vitalizer Treatment.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scarring and redness

This requires the VBeam or Excel V laser to help with the redness and scarring. If not improved to your satisfaction after about 3, I would then use the Infini, which is safe for your skin type. Deeper scars might need filling with Bellafill. This needs an expert to be properly treated.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Redness and Scars and Laser Treatment NYC

I would definitely consult a physician because of the scars and redness require a laser to treat them.  The V-Beam is the gold standard for treating the redness.  It will take several treatments to reduce the redness.  The scars will require the eMatrix laser and will take 3 to 5 treatments spaced at least one month apart.  Since you have significant scarring it will take several months under the guidance of a trained dermatologist to help you. Best, Dr. Green