Can my forehead scars be removed/improved and if so how? How do I find the right doctor? (Photo)

Over the years acne and me picking my acne has made my forehead worse. Over the last year I feel that I have my acne under control however the scars on my forehead make me very insecure, especially in bright lights or lights that cast shadows to my forehead. I'm a very insecure person and very self conscious about myself. Is there anything I can do to improve the scars that won't cost too much. I'm a single mother trying to improve my facial imperfections.

Acne Scars on Forehead

Fraxel Laser is the best way to treat these acne scars on your forehead.  Fraxel has become the gold standard for treating acne scars, especially on the face.  It is most important to consult a board certified dermatologist who has a lot of experience with Fraxel for the best cosmetic results.

Great treatments are now available for acne scars.

There are basically three ways to treat acne scars:
-surgical removal which is good for deep scars
-some type of resurfacing such as dermabrasion or a laser, these are better for skin that looks rough and there are many scars to treat
-soft tissue fillers such as HA's or Artefill, these are best for isolated dents that have fairly soft edges-this is what I notice on your forehead and this is what I advise for therapy-this is the only time I will use Artefill and our patients have loved the results. 

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, your scars can be greatly improved with a single combination treatment.

In my hands the treatment that works best as a single treatment is a combination of tumescent anesthesia (dilute local anesthesia) subcision, a blending peel (TCA or light ablative laser) and the Fraxel Repair laser.  In a study of 114 patients we saw an average of 72% improvement after one treatment.  I think this would work well for you. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon