Can I start any acne scar treatment? (Photo)

I finished my roaccutane course over a year ago but ever since I have taken 20mg capsule each week to prevent future acne. I was doing 20mg a day everyday so would I still be able to do any treatment especially laser?! I have also stopped taking the 20mg capsule 2 weeks ago. In few days I am going for consultation with a dermatologist for laser. Posted is a photo of my current scars

Treatment of acne scarring while on Accutane

there is a fair amount of discussion amongst physicians is to the relative risks posed by treatments performed on patients who are taking Accutane.  There are certain procedures that may carry higher risk if performed in patients taking Accutane whereas others can be performed safely.  Without examining someone's acne scars in person, it is difficult to determine whether they would be a candidate for any treatment while on Accutane or, if so, what their relative risk might be.  I would make a point of asking plenty of the questions about this.  Best of luck.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Deep laser therapy

Deep lasers may require you to be off accutane for a longer period of time. I would suggest sublative treatments to reduce your acne scarring. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Post-Accutane Acne Scar Solutions--lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

A combination approach would  be best. I treat acne scars with lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision and fillers as needed. I recommend a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Healing impaired with Accutane

There is literature that states the healing in the skin is impaired when taking Accutane and for 6 months afterwards. This has come into question but it all has to do with the comfort of the doctor doing the procedure. I usually wait 6 months to do invasive procedures like the Infini and lasers.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lasers for Acne Scars

I would recommend the eMatrix laser to best treat your acne scars.  A series of lasers will be necessary to help improve your appearance.  It is recommended that you be off Accutane for six months before having the eMatrix laser.  Please consult an expert in scars.  Best, Dr. Green