A pimple that I squeezed on the back of my leg, over the course of time turned into a scarred over looking bump. (photo)

Approx 2 yrs ago, I developed a pimple (or so I thought) on the back of my leg. I squeezed it and it emptied like a typical pimple. I never thought much else about it but over time, with my shorts rubbing and shaving it became irritated and bigger with a scarred over look. It looks like a huge pimple but there's nothing inside and it won't go away! Pls help!!!

Dermatofibroma

What you appear to have developed is a Dermatofibroma (superficial benign fibrous histiocytoma)-a common cutaneous nodule of unknown etiology that occurs more often in women. Dermatofibromas frequently develop on the extremities (mostly the lower legs) and are usually asymptomatic, although sometimes they are red and itchy. Sometimes they form in response to an insect bite. Nothing topical will help this but you can have it removed for cosmetic reasons- it will need to be excised and you might need a stitch or two. Consult with a dermatologist, a plastic surgeon, or some family medical doctors will remove small benign lesions such as this.
Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician