Is there a way to get rig of all these drk marks left behind by my acne ? I believe its called hyperpigmentation ? (photos)

- I have dark skin

Doctor Answers 3

Dark spots from acne and how to treat them

This is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and yes you can treat this. Topicals are the first thing to consider. You can also do serial chemical peels to speed up the skin turnover. Sometimes laser resurfacing is needed.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

PIH from acne

Yes, this is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and occurs in darker skin individuals more frequently. You need to get on Retin A and a hydroquinone or similar. Best to see a skin specialist for this. If no success, chemical peels or laser might be needed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Dark Marks from Acne

A combination of hydroquinone and Retin-A combined with chemical peels will help remove these dark spots. It can generally take a few months but you should have great success with this treatment.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.