Is there a way to get rig of all these drk marks left behind by my acne ? I believe its called hyperpigmentation ? (photos)

- I have dark skin

Dark spots from acne and how to treat them

This is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and yes you can treat this. Topicals are the first thing to consider. You can also do serial chemical peels to speed up the skin turnover. Sometimes laser resurfacing is needed.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

PIH from acne

Yes, this is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and occurs in darker skin individuals more frequently. You need to get on Retin A and a hydroquinone or similar. Best to see a skin specialist for this. If no success, chemical peels or laser might be needed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Dark Marks from Acne

A combination of hydroquinone and Retin-A combined with chemical peels will help remove these dark spots. It can generally take a few months but you should have great success with this treatment.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD