If I have a keloid scar on my chest, will it be the same on my ears?

I have a keloid scar on my breast and I am afraid to pierce my ears because I don't want them to scar as well. If I have the scar on my chest will it be the same in my ears?

Doctor Answers 2

Keloid risk on a patient

You have a longterm risk of keloids on the body and face. I would go to a plastic surgeon to have it pierced in a sterile fashion and avoid cheap alloy metals. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Keloids/Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

There are many treatments for keloids.  They form differently in different locations and ther is no predictability.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.