What is the best solution for mild acne scarring and pores ?

22 years old female Caucasian skin

I suffered from acne for two years before being prescribed accutane, this proved effective for me and I no longer have acne but I was an obsessive picker and although I have no deep acne scars i am extremely self conscious of my skin texture now as i have visible pores and on certain light i can see scarring and some red marks which i assume are broken capillaries from picking and squeezing. My skin was flawless before i developed acne at 19 and I would just like to know the best solution

Acne Scar Treatment

First you need to know that you must be off of Accutane for 6 months before you can do any laser procedure. Your red marks can be improved with a laser called Vbeam. Vbeam will treat redness from broken capillaries, acne, scars, etc. For depressed scaring I would recommend Fraxel Restore. Fraxel Restore will resurface your skin stimulating collagen production to improve the tone and texture of your skin. You may need multiple treatments from these lasers to get best results. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your concerns

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scar treatment

Depending on your skin color and the depth of the  scars and if you can have down time or no is the treatment recommended.  For light skin color and light skin color patients with deep ice pick scars , and box scar, fractional ablative Pearl laser is recommended.  There is down time for healing approximately 5-7 days but the improvement is 60-80 %.  For darker skin tones, non-ablative laser Genesis is recommended.  You need multiple treatment.  At least 6.  But there is no down time, pain or healing time.  The improvement is 60% but only after multiple treatments. 

Maritza Perez, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Pores and Best Treatment with eMatrix, Fraxel, V-Beam, Chemical Peels

All acne scars can be improved depending on the type of scar and your skin type.  In other words, the choice of treatment depends BOTH on the type of scars that you have and the nature of your pigmentation on the skin.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in scars for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green