What more can I do to prevent wrinkles?

I'm 26. I never let my face get touched by sunlight, I use Tretinoin, and moisturize heavily 24/7 with Cerave. I eat plenty fruits & veggies. I used to use TCA and Glycolic acid peels - but stopped completely once I started Tretinoin as the effects were much greater. I thought, "this is all I'll need." But it's been a year, and I feel like I could be doing more. When I had learned of Tretinoin, I was shocked I never knew of it before. Are there any other skincare breakthroughs out there?

Skin Rejuvenation with lasers, RF treatments, sculptra, microneedling/prp, ultherapy, ThermiRF, kybella

There are a lot of great options. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help the skin rejuvenation and prevent aging. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best Way to Prevent Wrinkles

Thank you for your question and we understand your concerns.  We recommend you find an experienced physician in your local market.  You would probably benefit from a combination approach based on your needs and budget.  After a complete consultation, we normally recommend various options from physician grade products, BOTOX/XEOMIN, filler and possibly laser treatments.  It really depends your needs, concerns and budget.  It may be as simple as BOTOX/XEOMIN injections every 3-6 months and ALWAYS wear a quality sunscreen.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Other skin care recommendations other than Retin A for maintenance.

You might want to add a growth factor. Skinmedica and Lifeline are the product lines I recommend. Chemical peels are good to keep up with. A laser peel, microneedling, hydrofacial are all good for maintenance. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Great anti-aging non-surgical options for all skin types and conditions

Sounds like you take great care of your skin.  Most patients benefit from treatments, injectables and home care products.  At our practice we like to combine treatment plans to include injectables like Botox, fillers and even Kybella (melts fat under the chin) with lasers, microneedling, peels and/or cleansing facials.  In addition, we prescribe medical strength skin care products like the brand new Sente' (which uses Heparan Sulfate to repair, restore and tighten the skin.)

All age groups can benefit from a three-tiered regimen - even you.  Maybe Botox helps the frown lines between your eyes or around the crows feet, a photofacial or Vbeam laser helps with redness, large pores, sun damage and breakouts.  Using Sente' Dermal Repair Cream in the day and the Bio Complete Serum in the evening helps refine the texture of your skin and improve dehydration and the appearance of fine lines.

Keep up the good work!  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD