Which is more effective for stretch mark removal; micro-needle or laser?

And which type .. Dermapen, fraxel, pulsed dye...etc.

Stretch Mark Treatment

Stretch marks are very difficult to treat. They can be improved with lasers and micro needling. Treatment is dependent on the type of stretch mark and your skin type.

I have used a Derpmapen, Fraxel, Pulsed Dye Laser and PRP on my patients. I have noticed that the combination of these treatments at the same time yields the best results, because these modalities treat the skin differently.

In general: Pulsed Dye Lasers will treat redness in a stretch mark. Fraxel or resurfacing lasers uses laser energy to stimulate collagen formation to improve the tone and texture. Dermapen or micro needling creates micro “injuries” in the skin which triggers new collagen synthesis to superficially improve the tone and texture. PRP or platelet rich plasma will expedite healing and generate new collagen growth.

It is best to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist with plenty of experience treating stretch marks.

For more information click on link below:

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Stretch Mark

I have done both needling and laser for stretch marks and have found that the best results usually come from fractional laser.  In my practice we use the Clear and Brilliant laser over several sessions and have had excellent results. 

Stretch Marks

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there's no treatment for stretch mark removal. Although, these treatments can make the stretch marks look better. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Dermatologist to give you the best treatment plan. I hope this helps!