Is there treatment for an indented scar such as mine? (photo)

I was about 18th months and slipped and cut my lip on the radiator. I got stitches but then I pulled them out when I got home. It's been a big insecurity of mine as it's very visible when I relax my face. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of treatment which can improve the appearance of it in terms of the indentation.

Doctor Answers 3

Surgical scar revision and fillers for your lip scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, surgical scar revision with layered closure, subcision, and fillers for your scars. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Scar on Lip -- Laser and/or fillers, Surgical Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Lasers, surgical revision, subcision and fillers can all be tried and used. I suggest you see  an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Treatment for indented scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It might be possible to improve this scar by injecting filler into and under the scar to lift it.  Another option would be to surgically excise the scar and resuture the wound to create a finer line.  I would get an opinion from a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.