Male Hormonal Chin Acne

I always get acne on chin and always have two cysts that form in same spots on left and right side of chin. Ive tried all kinds of topicals and even minocycline to no avail. I know females can take BC pills for their hormonal acne, but what about males? I always get really red inflammed acne on chin and do not know what else to do. I have had this bad condition for about 2 years now and i am 29 years old.

Doctor Answers 1

Chin acne

If you have recurrent cysts in the same area, you might consider getting them excised as they will not go away on their own.  Otherwise please see an expert dermatologist for up to date options.  You might need Accutane. 

Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.