Scar treatment or revision for previous lip lift? (Photos)

Hello, what can be done to treat scars that I have from a lip lift that I had done appx 6 years ago by a well know plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. After the surgery he treated with steroid injections and dermabrasion but the scars remained and look like deep holes/pits and goey cheese.. Thank you!

Options for a lip reduction scar revision

Your scar requires precision to make it more natural. Our office specializes in Hidef Scar Revision and we would use a combination of surgery, fractional laser and RF, Ematrix, subcision, fillers, topical therapy and injections as first line therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Scar improvement

A scar is permanent and cannot be removed without risking developing an even worse scar. There are some treatments such as fractionated laser, radiofrequency, or microneedling which essentially damage an existing scar and stimulate your body to remodel the collagen in the scar so that it appears more flat and blends well. A flat smooth scar is much harder to notice with the eye and easier to conceal with makeup as well. Best of luck!

Scar improvement

Lip lift procedure

Lip lift procedures are avoided because of the scars that are your concern. You have healed as well as expected for this incision line. I would not recommend you mess with it any longer.

Lip lift procedure

Scar on Nose -- Microneedling, Fraxel/Resurfacing , Medical Tattooing

This is a very good scar for that procedure.  This can be improved with fractional lasers or radiofrequency and medical tattooing. I suggest seeing a scarring expert.  Scars cannot be "cured" but can be greately improved.  Best, Dr. Emer.