How can I repair bleaching cream burn (hyper pigmentation) on my underarms?

I used bleaching cream with hydroquinone and kojic acid on my underarms for about a week and I ended up with raw red skin. I stopped and it healed but now my underarms are darker than to begin with! This happened in June and I was told by the med spa to wait a couple months and come back and do a light chemical peel and it should help:0/ what should I do?

Doctor Answers 2

Melarase AM and Melarase PM for hyperpigmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would begin a brightening regimen that includes Melarase AM, Melarase PM, Melapads, and a retinoid cream. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

HyperPigmentation on Body/Underarms--Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist.  A combination approach would be best. Peels and skin lightening would be good in combination with aerolase.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 202 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.