I have had a scar on my upper cheek for years but now it has moved down! Why? Treatment options?

So i have had a scar on one of my cheeks for years but now i feel like it has moved down my cheek! I am only 23 is this due to aging?

Treatment of keloids and scars on the face in Los Angeles

Scars can mature, progress, and change with time. Some scars actively grow in size. I would speak to a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss options for treatment. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Moving scar

Scars do not migrate on their own but if you feel it is moving, it is likely that you are beginning to see the effects of aging on the tissues of your face.  In order to improve the scar, microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen. Finally, a surgical excision and possible tissue rearrangement can break up the line of the scar, make the scar thinner, and improve its appearance. If you would simply like options to rejuvenate your face and lift your tissues, injectable fillers can help rebuild your facial structure and lift things back into position. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD

Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Here's What Will Help For Scar on Cheek

It's hard to say without pictures. It could be due to aging. The appearance of the scar may be improved with lasers in combination with microneedling/PRP. See an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.