Still dealing with cystic acne scars after several procedures. What next? (Photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Complicated acne scarring treatment program
I'd like to see some clarification on the procedures so there is a very clear picture of your treatment path thus far.
- Dermabrasion - this was true dermabrasion and not microdermabrasion? (Dermabrasion will leave the skin raw, oozing and require considerable healing)
- PRP injected into active acne lesions or into scarred area with no active acne?
- Microneedling - automated or hand roller? What was your healing like after microneedling?
- DOT laser - do you know the treatment settings?
- Volbella and Jalor Style - to our knowledge Jalor Style is not FDA approved here. Is your treating physician in a trials program or did you have these injections outside the U.S.?
- What type of treatment controlled the acne outbreaks?
Subcision will release the scar "floor" and is typically followed with laser (ex: Fraxel) or radiofrequency (ex: Fractora)
Because you now have fillers in your skin, new laser treatment will very likely cause the filler to degrade faster. All HA fillers can be dissolved and that may be an option if you are unhappy with the results thus far.
My advice for the moment is to slow down and let your skin complete the healing process. Providing additional factual information will help any physician in this forum give you a better idea of what path might be most helpful to you and further the improvement in your skin.
Laser resurfacing for acne scars
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.