Does Q-switch leave brown spots looking splotchy?

The Dermatalogist used a low setting on my sunspot. Some parts look lighter then others. The ring looks darker then center - hard to explain but looks splotchy. Is this a normal reaction? I'm guessing I'm going to need multiple treatments.

Splotchy Sunspot

It's hard to tell without a picture. It may be what is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  It can be treated with bleaching creams and sun protection.  It may take 3-6 months for improvement. I recommend following up with your Dr to evaluate and determine follow-up treatments/aftercare, if necessary. I like to use Fraxel lasers for sunspots.  Best, Dr. Emer.