Is this normal acne, or do I have a skin condition along with my acne?

I've had acne since I was 11. I'm 19 next month, so that's 8 years of suffering from acne. Wherever acne appeared on my face, I would get excessive oily skin, like really excessive, especially on my forehead. My acne is on my cheeks and forehead only, at least that is where the worst tends to be concentrated. My acne and skin get really red and irritated under very warm weather, 85+ F as well as oily. I've been told my acne could also be a rash, hence the excess redness. Advice appreciated!

Signs of ACNE after its Gone!

There appears to be some signs of skin changes, indeed, and perhaps even clogged pores from the times of active acne outbreaks.  The pigmentation changes may also be what is called PIH--or Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. Often, patients refer to this as acne scarring , when indeed it is not scarring and can be easily remedied.  We suggest a combination of treatments including laser and therapeutic products.

San Juan Capistrano Physician

Possible skin condition/acne

It sounds characteristic of acne/rosacea where flare-ups can be related to heat. Oily skin can definitely be worse in the summer months when it is hotter. Sweat, oil, and bacteria are a component of acne so it is important to find a great astringent face wash.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon