How does a scar that's adhered to muscle typically get revised?

Hello & thank you for helping me with my question. I got necrosis & my scar adhered to the muscle wall. I was told a lipo cannula would scrape the scar up enough to be revised. As well as having a saline/numbing agent injected. I also was advised I'd need minimal lipo (50-75cc) in pubic area to get excellent results. Is this a good plan? Also what is the swelling like? Will i have drains? I model so body is important I was told 7 days off would be sufficient.

There are several options. In general, the skin scar needs to be removed and the skin/ scar separated from the underlying muscle. This can be done surgically to accomplish both goals or subcision can be performed during which a needle or lipo cannula is used to separate the tethered down skin from the underlying tissue. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar adhesions and contracture of scars

Tethered scars often need scar revision to reduce the adhesions that are making the scar bind to the deeper tissue. 

DR. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar revision

There are many corrective treatments for scar revision but without photos it is impossible to be more specific.
Generally speaking, surgical intervention is required but these may be small in nature.
Best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar On Stomach

I suggest posting photos without them we cannot help.  This typically needs surgical revision.  Best, Dr. Emer.