I am looking for a way to get rid of my acne scars?

Because my skin color is tan, my acne scars tend to get darker. I've tried every over the counter medication but it has not helped me at all. I also live a pretty stressed life and as much as I tried to relax and calm myself, it is impossible for me. I've been to many dermatologists and nothing seems to work. Could anyone give me a solution to my problem?

PIH or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

I assume you pick, secondary to stress, and this is causing marks? Ok, the first thing to do (apart from distressing) is to treat acne - see a general dermatologist for this. Once the substrate of acne goes, 
your picking and stress will decrease. 

Then we can work on the dark areas- I like using creams, SPF, gentle lasers, and even low strength TCA peels to help with pigmentation. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scars – Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for acne scars depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, overall health and most importantly, the type of acne scars present (ice pick scars, boxcar scars, rolling scars, hypertrophic scars and variable degrees of hyperpigmentation). In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns.  When it comes to acne scar treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (medical grade skin care products specific for acne including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), advanced laser resurfacing procedures (CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array), chemical peels (light, medium, deep including the blue peel), dermabrasion, augmentation/fillers, excision and/or subcision, punch techniques, microneedling/rolling, injections (corticosteroids, 5-FU), cryosurgery, electrodesiccation and microdermabrasion.  These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

PIH from acne

I can't fully advise you without pictures. It seems you complain of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. If that is the problem, chemical peels, Retin A and hydroquinone is mainstay therapy. If scars are the issue, I like to use the Infini. Please see link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD