Acne, red face - 19 years old. (photo)

acne,strongly red face and another. I have 19 years and I would like a beautiful complexion. skin looks therible .

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi  seen your pic.It is grade 2 acne with active out breaks with infection,right now it has to be treated with a course of oral antibiotic as well topical antibiotic has to be applied on infected acne.once the active infection subsides topical retinoids and good exfoliator face wash will help you to improve your is mandatory to use a broad spectrum sunscreen always.please do consult a board certified dermatologist and get treated with care.

Ance and associated redness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would see a skin specialist. I would treat this with topical Retin A, Excel V laser and probably chemical peels. The Spectra QS laser is also helpful. A good cleanser and possibly oral medications are potentially needed as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.