Do I need to stop using Tretinoin before have Laser Treatment for my acne scars?

I'm considering getting laser treatment for acne scars within the next couple of months but I'm currently using tretinoin/retina. Do I need to stop using the cream before laser treatment? and if so how long should I wait before considering acne scar removal? Thank you for your answers it's greatly appreciated.

Discontinue tretinoin before laser treatments

I would recommend discontinuing the tretinoin for a period of at least 3-5 days prior to your laser treatments. Tretinoin has a photo-sensitizing property which could interfere with the results of your laser treatment.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Laser Treatment

Acne scars are significantly helped from laser.  You did not say which laser you were having done for your scars.  Discontinuing Retin-A is only important if you are getting an ablative or non-ablative laser.  I would recommend you discontinue Retin-A one week before your laser treatment.  I love Fraxel and Ematrix for acne scars.  My patients have had fantastic results.  Make sure to find a board certified Dermatologist with a great deal of experience in Cosmetic dermatology for the best results.