How do I maintain a pretty face free from wrinkles at old age?

Aging Gracefully

Wrinkles can be unsightly and are a common concern I treat amongst individuals of all ages and ethnicity. For your case, I can suggest some potential procedures that will diminish the appearance of these wrinkles and even reduce the rate of recurrence.

Chemical Peels: when repeated 3-5 times in 2-4 week intervals, peels can certainly lesson the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes - especially if such imperfections are minimal.

Botox/Fillers: Increasingly popular amongst youthful audiences due to what some are calling "preventative botox", these methods have the potential to actually decrease your chances of needing further corrective procedures in the future. Botox Cosmetic is a brand of neuromodulator (other brands include Dysport® and Xeomin®). These treatments work by causing facial muscles to relax temporarily. Unlike Botox, fillers don’t relax facial muscles, but instead work to fill creases and “plump” the skin.

Lasers: Fractional resurfacing lasers offer significant skin improvements with little to no downtime. Compared to traditional resurfacing lasers that target the entire skin surface, fractional devices only target small areas of the skin (in your case - under the eyes).

Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP): In my opinion, this is one of the most unique procedures available in that we use the patients own blood to reverse the signs of aging. For PRP injections, we draw blood from the patient and use a process known as centrifugation to pull the plasma and platelets from the blood. The concentrated plasma is then reintroduced to the patients 'problem areas' via injection directly to the site. Not only does the gelatin-like mixture fill the fine lines and wrinkles, but the plasma also stimulates stem cells while reactivating collagen production to give the skin a youthful, plump look. Results are immediate and actually continue to smooth the skin for lasting improvement. PRP is great for younger candidates due to increased chance of acceptance/absorption of the plasma.

In any case, ask your doctor about the options available to you as there are a great deal of procedures that can assist in the dissipation of wrinkles and fine lines.

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician

Maintaining Wrinkle Free Face at an Old Age

Dear aishatpearl:

I would recommend avoiding smoking, maintaining good hydration, daily use of moisterizer and sunscreen, use of hats and sunglasses, using topical retinols and last but not least use of Botox and dermal fillers in the appropriate areas.  All the best.

How do I maintain a pretty face free from wrinkles with old age?

Thank you for your question.  The first key is to finding a plastic surgeon with whom you can establish a relationship for life long facial rejuvenation and skin care.  Basic tenets of maintaining your face include appropriate daily hydration, avoidance of smoking and excessive alcohol, and a skin care regimen that incorporates a retinol, bleaching cream, and sunscreen.  Additional treatments such as chemical peels, Botox, and fillers will then allow for prevention of the effects of skin thinning and gravity to leave you looking refreshed.  Hope this helps.

Maintaining youthful appearance

This is a loaded question. Basically maintain a healthy lifestyle with no smoking, eating right, and minimal alcohol. Sun protection is a must. Starting Retin A/Retinol early is also useful. Early use of Botox and fillers where needed will be helpful as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Face free of wrinkles

The top three things you can do preventatively are:

1.  A sunscreen Spf 30 or more 2. Avoid smoking 3. Use an exfoliant to keep new skin to come to the surface

Botox and fillers can also help.  We have found that Infini microneedling radiofrequency treatment to be very effective in producing collagen that we lose with age.  It works in face and neck in areas where Botox and fillers may not work so well, such as under the eyes, around the mouth, jowls and neck.  Typically three sessions are needed one month apart.